Saturday January 26, 2019
(10:00am – 2:00 p.m. ish)
Fond du Lac Central Public Library
32 Sheboygan St, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
2nd floor study room
- Introductions and Welcomes
- Organizational Status Report
- Treasurer’s Report: Current Balance and PayPal update. (Russel)
- P.O. Box renewal/check-in (Gretchen)
- Newsletter status/needs (Jordan) Succession Planning?
- 2018 Symposium Recap
- Planning for 2019
- WUAA/Nautical Archaeology Society (NAS) trainings
- Possible Shipwreck Survey (with previous training) with WHS (Caitlin)
- Location? Dates? Costs? Number of students? NAS credit.
- Baileys Harbor and Clay Banks (Russel)
- Dates, WUAA needs, etc.
- Milwaukee Harbor Shipwreck Survey (Bob L.)
- Shipwreck name: Needs:
- Milwaukee River Ice Dam Survey (Kevin)
- Complete the land/in river survey of the dam. Target Dates, NAS credit.
- Ship Construction Workshop: (Kevin)
- Teach an NAS III workshop on ship construction
- Location: Wisconsin Maritime Museum and Lottie Cooper
- Dates? Cost? Number of students? NAS credit.
- Indigenous Watercraft Remote Sensing Survey (Bob Jaeck, Kevin):
- Location: Kangaroo Lake and/or Europe Lake, in Door County
- Purpose, Resources, Date(s)
- 2019 WUAA Symposium (Kevin)
- Location, Date, Possible speakers, advertising strategy, etc.
- IRS Compliance (Kevin/Russel)
- WUAA 501c3 Non-Profit
- Tax Filing
- WUAA merchandise
- Current Inventory and Location (books and t-shirts)
- Book Reprints? (e-books), etc.
- Fathoms Deep (B. Baillod)
- New products with updated logo/design
- What Products? Expense Budget? Shipping & Handling needs
- Public Outreach / Social Media
- Ghost Ships Reboot?
- Partnerships (WHS, NOAA, UASC, etc.) – Presentations and Outreach Classes
- Kevin to teach an Artifact Illustration class at WMM (Sept. 7, 2019)
- Sponsoring workshops at other locations (such as Wisconsin Maritime Museum, Door County Maritime Museum, etc.)
- Web presence/Constant Contact?
- New Business