SUPERIOR, Wis. – Spring is here and that means tourists will soon be filling the Twin Ports.
In Superior, volunteers with the Superior Public Museums are working hard to ensure the buildings and displays are in perfect shape for tours.
Fairlawn Mansion is open year-round, but soon the SS Meteor and Old Firehouse and Police Museum will open their doors for the summer.
Coming up at the end of the month there will be the annual cleaning of the whaleback ship.
A new exhibit is being added to the ship and a preview party will reveal years of work to the public.
SS Meteor Work Weekend:
- Saturday and Sunday, April 29-30
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day
- Join a hearty group of volunteers from around the Midwest for this annual clean-up of the historic whaleback ship. Bring your painting clothes!
- Pre-registration is recommended
- Lunch is provided both Saturday and Sunday
SS Meteor Exhibit Preview Party:
- Friday, May 19
- 4:30 p.m. ribbon cutting
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. open cargo hold with cash beer bar and music
- Be amazed by the life and accomplishments of Alexander McDougall a local captain, shipbuilder, entrepreneur, and inventor through our new exhibits.
Old Firehouse and Police Museum and SS Meteor Grand Re–opening:
- Sunday, May 21
- noon to 4:00 p.m.
- Free admission to both museums with tours, free cake, coffee, and punch
Call 715–394–5712 or head to superiorpublicmuseums.org for more information.
The Old Firehouse and Police Museum and the State of Wisconsin Police and Fire Hall of Fame is located at 402 23rd Ave. E., Superior, WI.
The SS Meteor is located at 300 Marina Drive, Superior, WI.
- From 2017-04-29 to 2017-04-30
Powered by iCagenda